The Board of Directors of Combat Marine Outdoors is honored to have Byron & Sandra Sadler as our Co-Chair’s of our Advisory Board. Together they will oversee this elite line up of distiguished individuals who will work with us to help our Foundation grow so that we can continue to aid with the rehabilitation of our nation’s heroes.
Byron and Sandra are “Legends” in the world hunting community and both continue to travel the Globe in pursuit of species of animals to add to their already “World Class” Trophy Room.
Byron Sadler – Originally from East Texas Byron now resides on the Two Dot Ranch in the Texas Hill Country.
Served in the Army’s 49th Armored Division
32nd degree Mason
Byron was President, CEO and founder of Industrial Specialists, L.L.C. a specialty contractor for the petrochemical and refinery industry. He started the business in 1976 with $4,000.00 and built the company to one of the largest on the Gulf Coast doing over $200,000,000.00 in sales in 2006. He sold the company to his employees by setting up an ESOP and has retired to run his exotic game and cattle ranch.
In 1998 Byron was selected to be an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in Houston, TX. He was on the board of Southwest Insulation Contractors and served as President from 1998 to 2000. He served as President, Trustee and was a Board Member of The Brazosport Fine Arts Center. The Brazosport Community College is opening the Byron & Sandra Sadler Science and Health Technology Complex in 2011 in honor of their commitment to the college.
Byron has hunted on all (6) continents and since 1997 has hunted almost exclusively with a bow. He received the Safari Club International World Hunting Award. He was the third recipient to achieve it with a bow. He was the Houston Safari Club Outstanding Hunter of the Year in 2002 and in 2008 Houston Safari Club introduced a new award titled the Byron G. Sadler Bow Hunting Achievement Award and Byron was the first recipient.
Byron is a Life member of SCI, Houston Safari Club, Dallas Safari Club, NRA, Gulf Coast SCI, Ovis/Grand Slam, Wild Sheep Foundation, EWA, TWA, Texas Bighorn Society and a Founding Member of SCIF Hunter Legacy 100 Club.
Sandra Sadler is a native Texan, born in Austin and raised in Arlington.Byron and Sandra were married in 1976 and together have four children and four grand-children.
In 1976 Byron and Sandra formed Industrial Specialists, L.L.C. where Sandra served as Secretary-Treasurer and was responsible for the office and banking. During her career with Industrial Specialists Sandra was very involved with Associated Builders and Contractors serving on the Texas Gulf Coast Board of Directors for fourteen years. During that time she served as president of the Texas Gulf Coast Chapter and the Texas State Associated Builders & Contractors. She was the first woman president for both organizations. She was also on the National Board of ABC for eight years.
Sandra also served on the Foundation Board for Brazosport Community College. Sandra’s service to Houston Safari Club includes being the first woman president in 2004 – 2005, Ladies Luncheon Chair in 2000, Co-Convention Chairman with Byron in 2001 and serving on the Board of Directors for six years.
Sandra is a life member of Safari Club International and SCIF Sables where she has served on the SCI Education Committee, the Board of the SCIF Hunter Legacy 100, Sables Benefit Awards Chair, and as a Director for SCIF Sables. Sandra has hunted on all (6) six continents and has been honored for her hunting achievements receiving SCI’s Diana Award for 2005 and HSC’s Outstanding Woman Hunter of the Year in 2001. She has also had many of her trophy animals recognized with awards over the years. Sandra is a life member of Safari Club International, SCIF SABLES, Houston Safari Club, Dallas Safari Club, National Rifle Association, the Gulf Coast SCI, Ovis/Grand Slam, Wild Sheep Foundation, EWA, and a member of the Alamo and Texas Hill Country Chapters of SCI. She is a founding member of SCIF Hunter Legacy 100 Club.
Congressman Duncan L. Hunter is an American politician. He was a Republican member of the House of Representatives from California’s 54th, 45th and 42nd districts from 1981 to 2009. Hunter was the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee during the 108th and 109th Congress. Hunter sought the Republican Party nomination for President of the United States for 2008,but his campaign failed to attract significant voters or delegates in early primary and caucus states, and he dropped out after the Nevada Republican caucases . He was succeeded as Representative for the 52nd district by his son, Duncan D. Hunter. In 1966.He attended the University of Montana from 1966 to 1967, and then briefly the Univ. of California at Santa Barbara before being commissioned into the Army in 1969.He served in South Vietnam from 1970 to 1971 during the Vietnam War] in the Army Ranger’s 75th Ranger Regiment, attached to the 173rd Airborne Brigade. He participated in 24 helicopter assults as well as in small-number, night-time reconnaissance patrols. He held the rank of 1st Lt. and was awarded the Bronze Star, Air Medal and service ribbons such as the Vietnam Service Ribbon. He has said, “I didn’t do anything special in the U.S. Army, but I served with very special soldiers I will never forget.” Congressman Hunter’s new book, “Victory in Iraq- How America won the War” has just been released and tells the true story through the lives of our nation’s military heroes.
- General James T. Conway- 34th Commandant of the Marine Corps
- Hometown- Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
- College- Southeast Missouri State
- Year sof Service 1970- 2010
- Commands- 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines, The Basic School, 1st Marine Division, 1 Marine Expeditionary Force
- On June 13, 2006, General Conway was nominated by President George Bush to become the 34th Commandant of the Marine Corps. The nomination was confirmed by the Senate on 2 August 2006. On 13 Nov, General Conway was sworn in by Gen. Peter Pace, Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff as the 34th Commandant of the Marine Corps.
- General Conway’s personal awards include the Defense Distinguished Service Medal (3), the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, the Legion of Merit and the Defense Meritorius Service Medal.
Doug & Suzanne Huddleston are the owners of the Consuelo Ranch in Sonora, TX.
Michael and Mary own Cross Creek Ranch in the Doss Valley of Texas. They have a Cattle Operation and offer limited White Tail Hunting for Active Duty Military Personal and Veteran Groups. Michael is an Army Veteran, and together they support different Veteran Groups along with other Charitable Originations. They feel strongly about supporting their local community through Education, Medical, Social Services, 4H and FFA Programs
Michael and Mary have 5 children and two grandchildren living in Arizona, Texas, California, and South Carolina.
- Lt. Gen Richard Zilmer- A career infantry officer with an affable demeanor, Zilmer rose to three-star status during a career that began in 1974, shortly after he graduated from the former Kutztown State College (now Kutztown University) in eastern Pennsylvania with a degree in secondary education. He is perhaps best known for leading Multinational Forces-West in Iraq’s Anbar province as a two-star general in 2006 and 2007, as Sunni fighters laid down arms and began working with U.S. forces as part of the “Anbar Awakening.” More recently, Zilmer commanded III Marine Expeditionary Force and Marine Corps Bases Japan, out of Okinawa, from June 2007 through September 2009. He took command of Manpower last fall, overseeing it as the Corps stabilized its active-duty force at about 202,000 Marines and addressed manpower shortages in the Selected Marine Corps Reserve. In 2010, Lt. General Zilmer put an end to a 36-year career as Deputy Commandant of Manpower and Reserve Affairs.
David is the President & CEO of American Bank in Waco, Texas where he is involved in many charitable organizations such as the United Way of
Waco, the Coastal Conservation Association, the Waco ISD Adopt-a-School Advisory Board, the Waco Chamber of Commerce, the Waco Business League, and the Waco Industrial Foundation and now, Combat Marine Outdoors. He is a 1975 graduate of Baylor University where he was a member of the 1974 SWC Football Championship team. He is a member of the Waco ISD Sports Hall of Fame and was recently selected to the Waco Trib All Time Baylor Football Team. He is married to his wife of 36 years, Davina and has two daughters…. Adrienne Pulliam (Baylor Graduate) and Kelly Edwards (Texas A&M Graduate) both of whom reside in Dallas, Texas. Mr. Hicks’ outdoor interests are Saltwater Fishing and Bow Hunting.
Leonard and Debbie Voyles reside in Richmond, Texas with their 4 children , Nathan, Raina, Lauren and Aidan. Leonard was enlisted in the US Navy onboard the USS Ticonderoga. After leaving the Navy, Leonard began working in the oilfield and in 1977 started Integrated Power Systems (manufacturer of electrical switchgear primaily for the oilfield and the military). Debbie is an ’87 graduate of Lamar Univerisity. Leonard and Debbie met and were married in 1995.
In 2001, they sold IPS to National Oilwell but maintain ownership of IPS International which has major maintenace and engineering contracts with Pemex in the offshore industry and the southern region of Mexico. In 2001, they invested in Five Oaks Achievement Center, a residential treatment center for children and adolescents who have a combination of behavioral, learning and social difficulties. A second school/residental home, Whispering Hills Achievement Center was added in 2003, and a third one in 2009, North Fork Educational Center.
Leonard and Debbie are Life members of SCI International, SCIF Hunter Legacy 100 Club, Hill Country SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association and the NRA.
The Voyles Family is extremely proud to support and be a part of such wonderful organization that helps and shows appreciation to our national heros.
Greg Tatum is a lifetime resident of Alvin Texas. Greg spent the majority of his career managing the family owned oilfield service company until the company was sold in 1998. He is currently employed in the Sales Department of T&L Lease Company. Greg also owns and manages the Rocking T Ranch located in Harper Texas.
Greg is an avid supporter of our armed services; active military, as well as our veterans. He firmly believes in supporting our future generation of hunters through the Texas Parks and Wildlife Youth hunting program. He is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association (NRA), the Exotic Wildlife Association, Trophy Game Records and the Texas Wildlife Association.
Mark & Jacquelyn Brown, Ranch Owners, Serenity Ranch, Clifton, Texas
Jerry & Brenda Copeland, World Record Trophy Hunters, Salado, Texas
Bubba Bethea resides in La Marque, Texas with his wife Deanna and their 2 children, Chelsee and Seth. Bubba is a 1979 graduate of Santa Fe High School. During his high school years, he volunteered for the Alta Loma VFD and was an original member of the Santa Fe EMS. Bubba began his career in the construction industry in 1979 after graduation and has continued working thru the ranks where he now is a member of the Senior Management Team at Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services. He is a board member for the Mainland Rotary and a graduate of the La Marque Citizens Police Academy and current member of the LMCPA Alumni.
Jim Winch, USMC ret. Ranch Owner, Las Tejanas Ranch, Laredo, Texas
Mike and Pam Jensen
Mike is the owner of the Rhode Ranch ,Jensen Whitetails and Triumph Outdoor Adventures. He is also Owner of Aim Directional Services, a multi service drilling firm headquartered in Corpus Christi.
Alex Graham, Chief Operating Officer, T & D Solutions, LLC & Owner of G4 Family Ranch in Bandera, Texas
Originally from Buffalo, NY… Sue is a graduate of Niagara University College of Nursing and has been a Registered Nurse for 25 years, working for the last 10 years for Navy Marine Corps Relief Society as a Visiting Nurse, and for the last 5 years specifically with wounded Sailors and Marines and their families as part of their Combat Casualty Assistance Visiting Nurse Program at BAMC, WRAMC, and now WRNMMCB. She considers it an honor and a gift to have the opportunity to support those who have served. Sue enjoys boating and kayaking, travel, gardening, and watercolor painting, and is an avid football and country music fan. She and her husband of 25 years, a former Marine and Retired Naval Aviator, have a daughter, Kelsey (2011 Graduate of JMU) and two sons, Luke (sophomore at Pennsylvania State University) and Matt (sophomore at Mountain View High School). They currently reside in Stafford, Virginia but consider Texas their second home.
Few people in the industry can offer the perspectives and real-world experiences that he has to offer. Macy can explain the wildlife management processes like no other and makes each individual step palatable and educational. As a fifth generation landowner and rancher, Macy can understand and appreciate the desires and feelings of landowners and managers and of potential landowners.
Dr. Ralph Cunningham is Chairman of the Board of Enterprize Products Partners L.P. Dr. Cunningham was elected a Director of EPGP in February 2006, having previously served as a Director of EPGP from 1998 until March 2005. In addition to these duties, Dr. Cunningham served as Group Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of EPGP from December 2005 to August 2007 and Interim President and Interim CEO from June 2007 to August 2007. In August 2007, Dr. Cunningham was elected a Director of DEP GP and a Director, the President and CEO of EPE Holdings. He served as Chairman and a Director of TEPPCO GP from March 2005 until November 2005. Dr. Cunningham was elected a Group Vice Chairman of EPCO in December 2007, having previously served as a Director of EPCO from 1987 to 1997. He serves as a Director of Tetra Technologies, Inc. (a publicly traded energy services and chemical company), LE GP, the general partner of Energy Transfer Equity (a publicly traded energy services partnership) and Agrium, Inc. (a Canadian publicly traded agricultural chemicals company). In addition, Dr. Cunningham serves as a Director and the Chairman of the Safety, Health and Responsibility Committee of Cenovus Energy Inc. (a Canadian publicly traded oil company). Dr. Cunningham retired in 1997 from CITGO Petroleum Corporation, where he served as President and CEO since 1995.
Chuck Schneider has been part of the Sagemont Church family for 28 years.
He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Houston in Business Administration and his Masters degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1990. Chuck has been married to Maureen for 36 years, and they have three daughters—Amanda, Regan, and Veronica. As Executive Pastor, Chuck’s duties include overall supervision and coordination of staff, ministries, and administration. He is part of our Sagemont “Teaching Team,” and he functions as “Pastor” in the absence of Dr. Morgan.
- Colonel Dennis Arinello, USMC (Ret)
- Hometown- Everett, MA
- College- Lyndon State College / Golden Gate University
- Years of Service: 1976 – 2008
- Commissioned 1978. Served in a variety of operations and logistics assignments to include; the Marine Air Group – 14 / Aviation Combat Element to the Norwegian Air landed Marine Expeditionary Brigade; the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit – Special Operations Capable participating in contingency operations off the coast of Somalia and in Bosnia- Herzegovina; as the Assistant Chief of Staff, G-3 Operations Officer, Marine Logistics Command during Operation Iraqi Freedom, 2003 and as Deputy Chief of Staff, Logistics – Combined Joint Task Force – 7 / Multinational Force/Command– Iraqi
- As the Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations and Logistics, Marine Forces Reserves/Commander, Marine Component to U. S. Northern Command, New Orleans, LA on the ground August, 2005-2006 in New Orleans directing the employment of 2,700 Marines and Sailors and assisted in rescuing and evacuating more than 10,000 civilians in portions of the City, the Lower 9th Ward, and St. Bernard’s Parrish.
- Colonel Arinello is a veteran of Operation Restore Hope in Somalia, Operations Joint Endeavor; Provide Promise, Sharp Guard, and Maritime Guard in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan.
- Colonel Arinello’s personal decorations include the Legion of Merit (1), the Bronze Star (1), Meritorious Service Medal (2), Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (2), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, the Combat Action Ribbon and the Humanitarian Service Medal.
- Upon retiring from the Marine Corps, Col Arinello has been serving in Afghanistan since December, 2008 as the Deputy Executive Director, In-Country Manager, ManTech Technical Services Group | Vice President, ManTech Telecommunications & Information Systems Corporation.
- Paul T. Wood- President & CEO- Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services
- Hometown- Ironton, Ohio
- College Ohio State University
- 1982-1990- Held Technical & Managerial Positions with United McGill Corporation and Textron Turbine Services. Most recently, Mr. Wood was the General Manager of GE Installation & Field Services, a global provider of services to the utility, refinery & chemical industry. Paul is also a certified Six Sigma Black Belt. He has over 20 years of experience in manufacturing / service businesses and has completed over 15 acquistions, joint ventures and divsestitures.
Bill and Diane Tasto are both native Texans and have been married for 28 years. They presently divide their time while in Texas between Lake Jackson, Rockport and Goliad, where they own and operate the B-Bar-D Ranch raising commercial Brangus and Braford cattle.
William D. (Bill) Tasto –Bill was born and raised in San Antonio. After graduating from Sam Houston H.S. in San Antonio, Bill attendedSouthwest Texas State University (now Texas State Univ.) in San Marcos graduating in 1970 with a B.S. degree in chemistry. He went to work that same year for the Dow Chemical Co. and retired in 2005 after nearly 36 years. During his career, Bill held several managerial and director positions with Dow and lived outside the U.S. on three separate occasions.
Bill is presently a member of the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (TSCRA) and also the National Cattleman’s Beef Association.
Diane Tasto – Born in Hutto, Texas and growing up in a farming community of just northeast of Austin, she has always been an avid University of Texas Longhorn fan, beginning her freshman year there in 1969. In 1976 Dow Chemical Co. in Freeport became a huge part of her life where she met Bill and continued her career for 30 years mostly in the purchasing department. Having contract labor responsibilities at Dow, she was a member of Gulf Coast Chapter of the Texas State Associated Builders and Contractors and the Houston Business Roundtable.
Both Bill and Diane feel very strongly about supporting our armed forces personnel, especially those that have been injured in the line of duty. For this reason, they are both honored and proud to serve on the Advisory Board for CMO.
Debbie Hagebusch is currently the Director of Hunting and Tourism for the world famous Y.O. Ranch in Mountain Home, Texas. Along with her husband Larry, they still travel the world in quests for “world record” animals to add to their fantastic collection.
- CAPT Thomas “Joe” Patton is a United States Navy Flight Surgeon
- College- Baylor University, University of Monterrey
- Capt. Patton is considered one of the top Gynecological Oncologist in the world. His medical resume stems from Baylor College of Medicine to MD Anderson to the City of Hope Institute to Roswell Park Memeorial Institute in Buffalo , NY to Baylor College of Medicine to UTMB in Galveston to JFK Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida. Capt. Patton’s medical background goes through the roof…. but his proudest accomplishment is his Military Experience. Once his son Thomas graduated from High School, “Joe” activated himself from the Naval Reserves at the age of 57. He has three combat tours with the Navy Seals and is still active as a Naval Flight Surgeon at Pensacola Naval Air Base. Capt. Patton is a licensed Helicopter Pilot and is assigned to the HSC 85 Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron
Craig Kiefer is Executive Vice President and General Manager of Edgen Murray’s Western Hemisphere Business. Prior to his affiliation with Edgen Murray, Mr. Kiefer was President and Chief Executive Officer of Service Industrial Supply Co., a company he formed in 1979. In 2002, Edgen Corporation, a predecessor company of Edgen Murray, acquired Service Industrial Supply Co. After the acquisition took place, Mr. Kiefer joined Edgen Corporation and was promoted to President of its Carbon Products Group in March 2003. With more than 30 years of experience in industrial distribution markets, Mr. Kiefer assumed his current role with Edgen Murray in January 2008 and now manages all aspects of Western Hemisphere operations.
Bruce Keller has journeyed to more than 40 countries on all six continents and collected big game animals on almost 200 guided hunts. He has shot more than 250 different species, including the super 20 in both orvis and capra, the big five of Africa and most of the SCI slams and inner circles at the platinum level. Keller has been very active in conservation and youth education organizations, since the late ’70′s, severing on the board of SCI for over 13 years and he is a life member. He also finds time to be involved with the NRA, FNAWS, Dallas Safari Club as well as being a member of Shikar Safari Club International. Bruce is also a recipient of the prestigous “Weatherby Award”.
His proudest contribution to hunting was in 1992 when he founded the SCI Youth Hunter Appreciation Program.
- Lawrence T. Petty
- Sgt. USMC 1965-1972
Partner/founder of LaPosta, Petty, Troha and Co. for 28 years providing sales and marketing services for national manufacturers to USA retailers. Also, providing product and manufacturing sourcing in the Middle East and Far East for the manufacturer and retailer.President of the San Antonio chapter of the Leathernecks Motorcycle club. The club is made up of Marines from the VietNam era to active duty Marines in San Antonio and members deployed and in combat.A pilot who also lives in Taos, NM. Skeet shooter, shooting in general, scuba, and motorcycles are my interest. Strongly committed to Combat Marines Outdoors and the Marines they serve.